Microsoft Internet Explorer
If your computer does not currently use 128-bit encryption, simply follow the appropriate instructions. If you have questions or need additional help, call a bank representative at 785-425-6721, and we can walk you through the process.
Microsoft Internet Explorer - Windows
(Internet Explorer 7 or newer is recommended)
Note: If you are running Windows 2000, installing the latest version of Internet Explorer will not change the current level of encryption on your computer, you will need to install the Windows 2000 High Encryption Pack. (Additional encryption information)
- Visit the Microsoft web site for Internet Explorer for Windows.
- Click on the Download Now button to download the latest version of Internet Explorer or choose an alternate version from the Latest Downloads list in the right-hand column of links.
- Follow the download and install steps to save and download to disk. This process can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours depending on your connection to the Microsoft Web site, so we suggest you begin it when you have some time to spare. You may want to write down the name and location of this file to ensure you can find it later.
- Once the download is complete, exit your browser (by selecting the File menu item from the top pull-down bar and choosing Exit).
- Install the software by double-clicking on the setup icon on your desktop or in the location you saved the file named iesetup.exe or something similar.
- The Internet Explorer Installation wizard will walk you through the installation, and then you will be ready to go.
- To verify that the 128-bit encryption is in place, start the new browser, select the Help menu item from the top pull-down bar and choose About Internet Explorer...
- On the screen that appears, Windows users will see displayed the 128-bit cipher strength.